Monday 8 December 2014

Crudely Drawn Christmas

I have since my 100 bird year triumph, struggled to see many new species.

I recently went in search of Goshawks at Cwmcarn forest drive and failed miserably barring what we call a little bit of jizz, not enough to be sure.

I have sort of stuttered along still really enjoying what I do see regularly but not seeing anything new.

I also hit a bit of a wall creatively and stopped drawing for a bit too.

After a walk on the weekend in the beautiful winter sunshine I decided to commemorate the idyllic scene of a Robin having a little wash in a puddle after foraging for food on the muddy path.




































I think what I need next from all the literature I have read is to get better at identifying birds by their song.

I have also been enjoying the newly renovated Eastern Prom at Barry Island, and think it would be a fab place for impromptu acoustic gigs...






I would love to have a beach hut


















I also went to see my faves Echo & The Bunnymen with one of my oldest friends the enigma Gary Pliers in Cardiff. Another sterling set with all the hits.




































I am really enjoying this record Kingfisher by Prawn which ties in nicely to the blog too.



"We are Old Souls, In New Skin"

I am very much looking forward to Out Of Spite Festival next week a long running Leeds DIY Punk Rock and craft Ale all-dayer featuring:

The newly reformed Milloy http://milloy.bandcamp.com/

Also Young conservatives https://youngconservatives.bandcamp.com/ who I am yet to see live and naturally pretty excited.

As well as Protectors who have a great new album out
http://protectors.bandcamp.com/

And a new band called Stay Clean Jolene featuring members of the much loved Leif Ericsson & The Great St Louis http://www.bombedout.com/

Creating Problems While Practising Solutions cover artStay Clean Jolene - Easy Target
Young Conservatives cover art








No comments:

Post a Comment